The American Heart Association Heartsaver AED® (automated external
defibrillator) Course was the first in the nation to combine hands-on
AED instruction with adult CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) training.
A pediatric module can be offered at the customer’s request.
The Heartsaver AED® Course is for individuals who need to learn CPR
and how to operate an AED. The intended audience includes corporate
employees, security personnel, emergency medical technicians, firefighters,
police officers, airline personnel, and those who need or want to
learn CPR and operate an AED.
Heartsaver AED - AED and Adult CPR 3 1/2 - 4 hours
Heartsaver AED - AED, Adult and Pediatric CPR 6 1/2 - 7 hours
AED and Adult CPR
-The adult Chain of Survival and the importance of calling 9-1-1
-Signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and stroke
-Techniques of adult CPR (ABCs)
- Opening the airway
- Checking breathing and performing rescue breathing if needed (with and without a barrier
- Checking for signs of circulation and performing compressions
- Rescue techniques for choking adults
- Introduction to automated external defibrillators
- ABCD: Putting CPR and defibrillation together
- CPR and defibrillation: The human dimension
- Legal and ethical issues
AED, Adult and Pediatric CPR
Same content as the AED and Adult CPR module plus:
- The infant and child Chain of Survival and the importance
of calling 9-1-1
- Techniques of child and infant CPR (ABCs)
— Opening the airway.
— Checking breathing and performing rescue breathing
if needed (with and without
a barrier device).
— Checking for signs of circulation and performing compressions
- Rescue techniques for choking infants and children
- Child safety and injury prevention
Each student will receive a Heartsaver AED® text.
Course Completion card:
Each student who successfully completes the Heartsaver AED® skills
performance and written exam will receive a Course Completion card. The card
will indicate which modules the student completed. Course Completion
cards can be obtained only through an AHA training center.