The Heartsaver CPR® course is modular to provide the flexibility
to meet your
training needs. Modules cover adult and pediatric resuscitation.
CPR is for employees who need CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
and a course completion card. The intended audience includes corporate
employees, security personnel, day care workers, firefighters, police
airline personnel, baby-sitters, family members of people at high
sudden cardiac death, and those who need or want to learn CPR.
Heartsaver CPR® - Adult and Pediatric 5 1/2 - 6 hours
Heartsaver CPR® - Adult only 3 hours
Heartsaver CPR® - Pediatric only 3 hours
- The adult Chain of Survival and the importance of calling 9-1-1
- Signs and symptoms of cardiac arrest and stroke
- Techniques of adult CPR (ABCs)
- Opening the airway
- Checking breathing and performing rescue breathing if needed (with
and without a barrier device)
— Checking for signs of circulation and performing compressions
- Rescue techniques for choking adults
- Child safety and injury prevention
Each student will receive a Heartsaver CPR® text.
Course Completion Card:
Each student who successfully completes the Heartsaver CPR®
skills performance and written exam will receive a course completion
card. The card will indicate which module
the student completed. Course completion cards can be obtained only
through an AHA training center.